- Rules based search and aggregation of content across social networks and content created by users via Livefyre apps on their owned properties, including comments, reviews, live blog and chat,
- Supports custom applications and visualizations, enabling brands to create and populate real-time experiences without tapping organizational developer resources,
- The audience experience can be displayed real time in ads and digital-out-of-home formats and applications, as well as a brand’s web and mobile channels.
- Helps users identify the people and brands they want to follow,
- Enables brands to persist in the feeds of brand fans, and surface their content more easily, and new caption editing enables targeted consumers to comment and edit their remarks for ongoing sharing.
- Instagram algorithms will spread
- In addition to premium stock video footage, VideoBlocks’s motion backgrounds, after effects and special effects are used by leading brands, major networks, etc., and is frequently tapped for b-roll,
- The addition of premium UGC significantly speeds, simplifies and cost-reduces incorporation of legally licensed ‘authentic voice’ footage,
- With this service VideoBlocks builds a “social” approach to premium stock content and community development, with 100% of UGC-attributable revenues and creative credit accruing to the contributor.
- Integration will extend and differentiate Campaign Monitor’s email marketing and analytics (GetFeedback is integrated with Salesforce.com and other CRM solutions),
- GetFeedback’s mobile surveys are highly visual and often considered both engaging and effective marketing tools in their own right,
- GetFeedback’s surveys automatically format for any mobile platform or device.
- Niche’s tech platform ID’s the content creators in social networks, analyzes their reach, influence and potential brand impact.
- The select group of influencers now tracked by Niche have more than 1 billion followers across 16 platforms such as Yik Yak, Vine, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.
- Weber Shandwick is a PR world leader, and more than 20% of client programs now have social components.
- In addition to customer loyalty and marketing programs, 500 Friends identifies probable total lifetime value (TLV) on a granular level,
- Customer relationship marketing agency Merkle provides several top brands (Dell, Geico) with integrated analytics-driven customer relationship marketing solutions,
- The 500 Friends technology and team will optimize around retail and consumer brand acquisitions.
- The new feature enables moderators to promote conversations to key followers and – importantly – transition sensitive conversations (such as 2nd round responses to negative customer comments) into a less immediately public, more direct method of communication,
- Although the feature is characterized as enabling “private” conversations, brand responders and moderators must remember that any tweet, including Share via DM can be readily retweeted by recipients,
- Twitter notes: “with today’s update you’ll be able to share a Tweet privately with any of your followers.” Brands are likely to use the feature for private promotions for its community and other promotional applications, as well as for problem resolution.
- Google has launched this limited-scope experiment as a way for readers to fund the content they consume, without advertising,
- Participating partners in the experiment include popular websites such as Mashable, Urban Dictionary, The Onion, WikiHow, etc.,
- Potential effects on ad and marketing campaigns – TBD and worth watching should this experiment expand.
- This major upgrade enables its Recommendation Engine platform to predict content performance by channel, based on trending topics and an article’s social reach and performance,
- The Recommendation Engine is now reviewing and helping brands leverage over 5,000 publications and titles, including 72 new titles ranging from ComputerWorld, Dow Jones, BetaBeat, the BBC and Shutterstock to Salon, PaperMag, Nielsen, New York Magazine, Readers Digest and Al Jazeera,
- It provides content marketing strategies and content for leading global brands, regional brands and a variety of emerging brands; its News Room has seen a 700% increase in unique visitors over the last three months.
PRODUCT: Lobster Marketplace by Lobster
Function: Content Creation and Distribution
Great for: Affordable Stock Licensing of UGC
Suitable for use by: Agency, B2C, other
Overview: Lets marketers and publishers find and license UGC photos, videos, other media.
Three things to know:
- Semi-professional artists, photographers and others can upload their creative content to sites like Flickr and add an #ilobsterit hashtag, indicating the media is available for commercial use
- Buyers can easily license UGC pieces for use in campaigns, promos, etc.
- Lobster earns 25% of sales
Pricing Structure: one-time fee
Prices start at: $0.99/Instagram, $1.99/Flicker photo, $2.99/video and trending topic content (such as for breaking news).
More information: ilobster.it
PRODUCT: Deezer Integrates, Acquires Stitcher Radio
Category: Paid Advertising
Function: Customer Acquisition
Great for: Reaching select prospect audiences through streamed drive time ads
Suitable for use by: Agency, B2C Overview: Streams music, 35,000+ radio talk shows & podcasts to target drivers, others. Three things to know:
- Stitcher streams content from 12,000 providers such as NPR, BBC, Fox News, WSJ, This American Life and CBS, while Deezer has agreements with the major music publishers, enabling a full range of audio services,
- Stitcher is integrated into more than 50 car models from Ford, GM, BMW, Jaguar, and into services such as Apple CarPlay,
- Deezer recently introduced a premium service with Bose. This integration gives Deezer attractive near-term advantages for marketers.
More information: http://www.deezer.com/company Press Release: http://blog.deezer.com/press/deezer-acquires-stitcher-the-leading-talk-entertainment-radio-app/
PRODUCT: Nielsen – Adobe Cross-Platform Ratings by Nielsen Holdings N.V.
Category: Customer Feedback, Site Analytics
Function: Metrics and Management
Great for: Measures online video viewership on tablets, smartphones, all IP devices
Suitable for use by: Agency, other
Overview: New cross-platform ratings product for measuring IP device video viewership.
Three things to know:
- Tracks “over the top” viewers of online TV, video and other digital content to provide a deeper understanding of online audiences and consumption,
- Adobe’s technology and web publishers relationships enable tracking of consumption on a wide range of platforms,
- Helps address what many networks, production companies, agencies and others have long considered to be under-estimation of entertainment properties.
More information: http://www.nielsen.com/us/en.html
PRODUCT: Videology TV Practice and Video Ad Tech by Videology Group
Function: Metrics and management, Customer acquisition
Great for: Precise targeting to engage video audiences across platforms
Suitable for use by: Agency
Overview: Lets brands, agencies target message delivery to preferred audiences.
Three things to know:
- Videology lets brands and agencies specify reach by household demographics including income, ethnicity, children, leases, etc.
- The new TV practice and service products manage, measure and optimize converged campaigns among linear TV, digital video and addressable TV,
- Capture viewers as they shift among platforms.
More information: http://www.videologygroup.com/